Sports Award System
GENERAL CRITERIA FOR SPORT AWARDS
- Awards are not automatic and are subject to the girls showing correct behaviour, sportsmanship and general bearing at all times. Regular attendance at practices is essential.
- Motivations must accompany the recommendation setting out the school’s criteria which have been met, or the Provincial or National representation criteria which have been achieved.
- The criteria are designed to allow a pupil who does not achieve at Provincial/National level still to be eligible for an award due to her active participation and achievement within the school’s sporting system.
- Should an excellent level of achievement and commitment be attained by a pupil who has not achieved the highest level of National/Provincial representation, presentation of Blazers or Ivy Leaves will be at the sole discretion of the Principal and Awards Committee.
- Provincial representation in a school sport which does not fall under any awards criteria will be acknowledged at a house day with a Principal’s Award. (See under “General Criteria” for information on Principal’s Awards.)
- The Awards Criteria are for eligibility for awards. All Awards are subject to Awards’ Committees’ discretion.